Navigation
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Where does the money go?
Re: Where does the money go?
Less than 40 posts
Posted: 2021-05-27 11:40:43

On 2021-05-27 08:25:08 Miss Red (aka Louise) said:
I do believe the way we live has change so much from the way our grand- parents lived or even how we grew up.

When I grew up there was one brand shampoo in the bathroom cabinet and the whole family used, today every family member wants to use a different one;) Snackwishes or jaffels made from dinner left overs was in your lunch box the next day, no "lunch" money and breakfast came off the stove top not out of a cereal box.
We did not know what a cellphone was ,yet todays kids don't just want one but wants the best one.;)

We have become a lazy lot and impatient to boot, that will rather hop out at the filling station and buy bread coffee milk ect at the express shop than go stand in a line at spar, which ends up costing a lot more than if we put in that little effort to go a half mile further and go stand in a line for a few minutes.

We are the reason our money just does not stretch as far as the little our parents or grandparents had could stretch.

PS: I think it is sad that any lady would think her money is dirty money..;(

Do you not work hard for your money? I do, I work hard everyday every minute doing my "job". Did you steal it ? I did not, I provided a service. Did you beg it off someone? No, the person made up his own mind to make use of a service I offer.

My money is earned honestly regardless of my profession being labled ilegal or immoral by some.

Your blessing do not come from whether your job is viewed as legal or not. Dirty or clean. But by whether you are doing your job with the attitude and intentions that deserves blessings. You can be a priest or a rabi or any other and if you use your profession or calling to do harm or to abuse the position you have.. blessing won't be coming your way.

Fact is as long as you yourself disrespect how you earn your money your money will disrespect you.

Bless yourself first by being kind to yourself and other blessings will follow. Not when you want it but when you need them the most.

This is 100% true. You can add to that the ascend of take out options, Mr Delivery, Uber Eats, etc. Growing up take aways were few and far in between and even then it was something like fish and chips from the corner Cafe. No expensive meals where you can order anything from a burger, sushi, and even a fine dining meal delivered to your door.

There was also no dstv back in the day, nowadays dstv is R1000pm for the full package. Yes, Netflix and others are cheaper but you cannot have that without a good internet connection which is not cheap. I don't know who can survive by watching SABC exclusively. Can't remember when last I watched SABC.

Education costs have gone through the roof because many government schools are in a terrible state. To be safe we have to pay for private security companies. Public Healthcare can be a death sentence and we either pay very high medical aid rates or pay out of our pocket for private health care. Insurance on our assets, lives, etc is extremely expensive. And so we can go on and on.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Where does the money go?
Less than 10 posts
Posted: 2021-05-27 14:21:58

To the beautiful miss Ashleigh and miss Ziske...... your money has been washed in the washing machine..... which means its clean money ;D

Miss Shakira...... I have the utmost respect for the Bible! So when you choose to quote the Old Testament, remember that there is a New Testament as well! It came after Jesus died for our sins and short commings(which i am super grateful for) . If you want to just use Old Testament scriptures, remember.... no tattoos, no bacon and Viennas either! And you can be stoned (physically) for your chosen (current) profession..... hence why i am still very much grateful for all that happened after/during the New Testament .....
you53
you53 - Re: Where does the money go?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 475
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-27 17:30:55

On 2021-05-26 14:20:40 Gretchen said:
My basic salary was R5000 (after tax) plus we got overtime and commission. W With that little money I was able to live rather nicely. Today, I think how would one survive on that money?

Your R5000 was a lot of money. I started off with R400 (four hundred) per month and at the time it was a good salary. Today you cant afford a bag of groceries with that!
AnthonyEdwards
AnthonyEdwards - Re: Where does the money go?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 977
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-27 18:12:23

On 2021-05-27 14:21:58 Milo45.2 said:
To the beautiful miss Ashleigh and miss Ziske...... your money has been washed in the washing machine..... which means its clean money ;D

Miss Shakira...... I have the utmost respect for the Bible! So when you choose to quote the Old Testament, remember that there is a New Testament as well! It came after Jesus died for our sins and short commings(which i am super grateful for) . If you want to just use Old Testament scriptures, remember.... no tattoos, no bacon and Viennas either! And you can be stoned (physically) for your chosen (current) profession..... hence why i am still very much grateful for all that happened after/during the New Testament .....

I was not aware. Forgive my asking. Are there different versions? Like software upgrades. I how do the updates roll out? Who decides what gets updated etc?
uwillwantme
uwillwantme - Re: Where does the money go?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 2279
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-27 18:17:05

On 2021-05-26 14:20:40 Gretchen said:
A couple of years back I was working as a Receptionist at a Time Share Resort. My basic salary was R5000 (after tax) plus we got overtime and commission. Which would work out R6500 Plus a month. Accommodation was included. With that little money I was able to live rather nicely. We had a weekly Friday night jol at the GM house, everybody chipped in for drinks and food. Every second weekend I'd go to the nearest city to visit BFF and we had a fat party. Every payday I would still have money in my account..... Ok, granted back then I didn't have a car or a cat (My two major expenses).
Today, I think how would one survive on that money? Everything is just SO expensive. Fuel alone is abt R2500++ a month and now I'm being conservative. I dont buy drugs or alcohol.
SO, where does the money go???? Just seems like there is never any extra and if there is a bit over then it's spent on my car.
Definately feeling the rapidly increasing inflation. Who else feels this way?

It goes to probably makeup, clothes, shoes and everything that you need to maintain in this trade. Its your investment as a self employed business person. Maybe the business is not earning that well lately, so you are feeling the pinch. Same way as others are feeling the pinch and the reason business is not that good.......
Kooni
Kooni - Re: Where does the money go?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2117
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-27 18:22:55

Joined "PW and sons" after leaving school. Think our pay were just a little more than R200 a month, but had free accomodation, food and medical.
Mr.S
Mr.S - Re: Where does the money go?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 80
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-27 18:33:47

Many state school fees, alot of parents send their kids to expensive schools, even the non private schools are fairly expensive nowadays
Potatoejetguy
Potatoejetguy - Re: Where does the money go?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 18
View Profile
Posted: 2021-05-27 18:49:53

I don't see the logic in people comparing what they earned in the 1950s compare to today's present date..
And that they paid 50c for a simba chips and R1 for a flake. That's what I paid in 1990.
Its different times. Inflation etc.
Gretchen
Gretchen - Re: Where does the money go?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 285
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-27 18:58:48

Yeah, business is up and down. When I have a good week I go on a spending spree - nails, hair, make-up, clothes,lingerie and I'm oblivious to the fact that the next week could be a bit slower. So, yeah I guess I should try and budget a bit better, or get a piggy bank. Lol
Gretchen
Gretchen - Re: Where does the money go?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 286
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-05-27 18:59:08

Yeah, business is up and down. When I have a good week I go on a spending spree - nails, hair, make-up, clothes,lingerie and I'm oblivious to the fact that the next week could be a bit slower. So, yeah I guess I should try and budget a bit better, or get a piggy bank. Lol

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.