Navigation
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Donald Trump
Re: Donald Trump
Less than 40 posts
Posted: 2019-01-16 10:50:11
Edited: 2019-01-16 10:51:06

Interesting thread, reveals how there is a subset of South Africans who will always think 'West is Best'. They have no loyalty whatsoever to South Africa. Now while I despise the way government operates today, the ANC took over from a government who basically catered 10% of the population and these plonkers expect everything to run the way things did in 'the good old days.'

South Africa has been punching over its own weight for way too long, it's only inevitable that this was going to happen, government corruption hides the reality of the situation but let the armchair economists and politicians tell you about the books they read and how Donald Trump etc is doing it right and the same should happen here.

The reality is there is no blueprint for how it should be done in SA, and the way the economy was and is currently setup in no way caters for the 54 million people that live here. People are restless and revolution is on the way. Everything you see and hear is discussed in your little 10% bubble which shields you from the reality of what is happening in this country. There isn't and never was enough money period.
Tegwane
Tegwane - Re: Donald Trump
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 813
View Profile
Posted: 2019-01-16 11:17:26

On 2019-01-16 10:50:11 Irukai said:
Interesting thread, reveals how there is a subset of South Africans who will always think 'West is Best'. They have no loyalty whatsoever to South Africa. Now while I despise the way government operates today, the ANC took over from a government who basically catered 10% of the population and these plonkers expect everything to run the way things did in 'the good old days.'

South Africa has been punching over its own weight for way too long, it's only inevitable that this was going to happen, government corruption hides the reality of the situation but let the armchair economists and politicians tell you about the books they read and how Donald Trump etc is doing it right and the same should happen here.

The reality is there is no blueprint for how it should be done in SA, and the way the economy was and is currently setup in no way caters for the 54 million people that live here. People are restless and revolution is on the way. Everything you see and hear is discussed in your little 10% bubble which shields you from the reality of what is happening in this country. There isn't and never was enough money period.

'Isn't and never was enough money period', sorry but there never will be when you have corruption at the level it has been over the last ten odd years. The regime in the apartheid era was corrupt as well.

If you look at South Africans worldwide who have made a difference, we have always punched above our weight, something to be proud of, and to aspire too, surely?

People are restless, if you had no income, couldn't support your family, anybody would be restless.

The thing lacking in SA currently in my opinion is entrepreneurial people. These people create jobs and wealth. In my opinion one way to alleviate this in a quick remedy would be too train the masses of the unemployed how too farm. The Government has millions of acres of fertile land lying fallow, get farmers in too mentor these people. Not only are you alleviating hunger but you are giving a person self worth with a job and future financial security
Johnny English
Johnny English - Re: Donald Trump
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 22
View Profile
Posted: 2019-01-16 11:20:59

A decent summation in my opinion bar your final sentence. I do believe that our country, because of its beauty and our abundant resources, enough could be generated to sustain a population double of what we currently have. Sadly as in most parts of the world, there are dark forces with a global agenda who pull the strings creating strife, division and turmoil to achieve their global aspirations and keep us (the humans) divided in order for them to rule.
No different here !
Tegwane
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 814
View Profile
Posted: 2019-01-16 11:30:16

On 2019-01-16 11:20:59 Johnny English said:
On 2019-01-16 10:50:11 Irukai said: Interesting thread, reveals how there is a subset of South Africans who will always think 'West is Best'. They have no loyalty whatsoever to South Africa. Now while I despise the way government operates today, the ANC took over from a government who basically catered 10% of the population and these plonkers expect everything to run the way things did in 'the good old days.'

A decent summation in my opinion bar your final sentence. I do believe that our country, because of its beauty and our abundant resources, enough could be generated to sustain a population double of what we currently have. Sadly as in most parts of the world, there are dark forces with a global agenda who pull the strings creating strife, division and turmoil to achieve their global aspirations and keep us (the humans) divided in order for them to rule.
No different here !

If you had told me this 20 years ago, I would have said poppycock. As I learn more and more and interact with different people, races and tribal, I would agree 85% with your comments.
fduck
fduck - Re: Donald Trump
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 386
View Profile
Posted: 2019-01-16 13:27:55

Hope your punting skills are healthier than your political view.
[deleted]
Less than 40 posts
Posted: 2019-01-16 13:58:15

The economy was doing fine before Zuma. Growth rate was up, which will eat up unemployment over time.

Then the big heist.

There is no number yet, and probably never will be, but it crippled the economy.

But just an interesting point : Poverty is not an exclusive SA problem like all is harping about. It is a worldwide phenomenon.

Lots of lazy people here.
Nic111
Nic111 - Re: Donald Trump
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 37
View Profile
Posted: 2019-01-16 15:07:10

Interesting thread, reveals how there is a subset of South Africans who will always think 'West is Best'.

The inhabitants of sh#thole countries are voting with their feet. Just ask them towards which countries they are paddling the rubber dinghies...
Tegwane
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 815
View Profile
Posted: 2019-01-16 17:24:39

On 2019-01-16 15:07:10 Nic111 said:
On 2019-01-16 10:50:11 Irukai said: Interesting thread, reveals how there is a subset of South Africans who will always think 'West is Best'.

The inhabitants of sh#thole countries are voting with their feet. Just ask them towards which countries they are paddling the rubber dinghies...

Exactly, excellent point
[deleted]
Less than 40 posts
Posted: 2019-01-16 17:37:03

I'd like to invite Donald over for a Barbie. Imagine the stories he can tell about Stormy Daniels etc. Just to tie in to this forum.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2019-01-16 18:52:14

Always interesting how the immigrants want to at all cost get out of their shithole countries. Then within a few years of arrival in the new country, they start complaining about the "new" country's rules, laws and traditions. Next thing they try to change it, so that it can become more like the country from which they fled...

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.