Russian Bridgitte - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 11988
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-08-03 08:54:54
Edited: 2024-08-03 08:56:50

On 2024-08-03 08:42:52 Pantser said:
You can get girls on ESA from R400 and up. Why all the fuss about pricing. If you cannot afford R400 then maybe look somewhere else.

And sometimes windowshopping for THAT one you want is good. One never knows when specials may arise.

There is no harm in asking....sorry.

Or

In saving for a "fuck" you want rather than settling for R400.

Not everybody gets offended or on their high horse thinking pussy is made of gold and not worthy of a drop in rates.

A bird in pocket is better than two in the bush...is that how the saying goes? ....GRIN

RB.

Enchantress
Enchantress - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 68
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-08-03 10:24:15

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush is a very well-known proverb that means the things you already have are more valuable than things you might get.
Russian Bridgitte
Russian Bridgitte - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 11991
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-08-03 10:36:52

On 2024-08-03 10:24:15 Enchantress said:
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush is a very well-known proverb that means the things you already have are more valuable than things you might get.

Yep....but I like the "play on words"....GRIN....Hopefully to put a smile on the readers face.

As a writer, poetic license is an awesome thing.

;D!!!

RB.
J_J
J_J - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 547
View Profile
Posted: 2024-08-03 10:37:59

To negotiate or not to negotiate ...

At the end of the day it's up to the individual. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a better deal and to negotiate for it. Telling people what you want and what you willing to pay for it. As long as you can walk away if your attempt fails and not harass the sales person.

My wife is a serial negotiator. She gets off on finding the best deal. Even in Woolies, she will search for items on the shelf that are on their expiry date and then call the manager asking for a price drop. Most of the time she gets it. Sometimes she doesn't. When she fails, she doesn't storm out of the shop making a scene; she just puts the items back on the shelf and still buys the the other items she wasn't negotiating on.

You should she her in the Indian shops. That's where she really comes to life; but also fails most of the time. I guess that's why she prefers the big retailers these days; they easier. But every now and then she still goes down town to sharpen her skills.

Recently she negotiated two new cars from a dealer at cost price with freebies thrown in and got the dealer to settle our existing car at full price (which was only 20 months old, ie not at break even point yet). The dealer got what they wanted, sales (even at a loss) and she scored an extra car for our kid. Today the dealer is the top selling brand in SA, so I suspect she was not the only one who took advantage of their aggressive sales.

And I'm pretty sure she also silently negotiated me out of punting by putting these great deals in front of me that edged away at, even depleting, my punting budget, lol.

Personally I don't have the courage to negotiate the way she does. I don't even go shopping with her. But I do enjoy the things she brings home which I otherwise could not afford. And I don't cage her with my own inability to be the person she is. I just appreciate her contribution to the family.

If only I could have my wife organise my punts ...
Ms Eve
Ms Eve - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 287
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-08-03 11:15:19

On 2024-08-03 10:37:59 J_J said:
To negotiate or not to negotiate ...

At the end of the day it's up to the individual. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a better deal and to negotiate for it. Telling people what you want and what you willing to pay for it. As long as you can walk away if your attempt fails and not harass the sales person.

My wife is a serial negotiator. She gets off on finding the best deal. Even in Woolies, she will search for items on the shelf that are on their expiry date and then call the manager asking for a price drop. Most of the time she gets it. Sometimes she doesn't. When she fails, she doesn't storm out of the shop making a scene; she just puts the items back on the shelf and still buys the the other items she wasn't negotiating on.

You should she her in the Indian shops. That's where she really comes to life; but also fails most of the time. I guess that's why she prefers the big retailers these days; they easier. But every now and then she still goes down town to sharpen her skills.

Recently she negotiated two new cars from a dealer at cost price with freebies thrown in and got the dealer to settle our existing car at full price (which was only 20 months old, ie not at break even point yet). The dealer got what they wanted, sales (even at a loss) and she scored an extra car for our kid. Today the dealer is the top selling brand in SA, so I suspect she was not the only one who took advantage of their aggressive sales.

And I'm pretty sure she also silently negotiated me out of punting by putting these great deals in front of me that edged away at, even depleting, my punting budget, lol.

Personally I don't have the courage to negotiate the way she does. I don't even go shopping with her. But I do enjoy the things she brings home which I otherwise could not afford. And I don't cage her with my own inability to be the person she is. I just appreciate her contribution to the family.

If only I could have my wife organise my punts ...

I wish I had her negotiating skills..

I am willing to negotiate, but within reason. When I give my rates don't try to argue me down 50%.. keep in mind that we as SP's also have overheads to cover before we start earning a "salary"
Gretchen
Gretchen - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1212
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-08-03 12:06:48

Ok, so gents, give some indication as to what you can afford per hour / half hour. At least that way we can make an informed decision whether to drop our prices or not. How can one know what punters deem affordable if you don't tell us?
slick70
slick70 - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 760
View Profile
Posted: 2024-08-03 12:22:11

There is a smart gal. About setting a correct price. We had to reduce our prices to what we charged 2 years ago as we still have to pay our staff and keep the doors open. As new players come into market started to undercut us.

Reduce fee by r100 and see what effect it has.
What is the price range in your area.
Jhb. Ct and kzn prices are different.

Gretchen
Gretchen - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1213
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-08-03 12:33:58

@Slick, yes - I just did that. However, it was a difficult decision as many ladies, myself included, have to pay for the use of a room to work from. But something is better than nothing.
J_J
J_J - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 548
View Profile
Posted: 2024-08-03 12:45:59

I'm a terrible negotiator. At work I've walked away from many deals where the price seemed to be to low. My philosophy is that if a SP goes out of business because they didn't get their pricing right, I'll have an unneccesary service delivery issue to deal with while the lawyers try to cancel the contract; and liquidations mess everybody up.

In this industry I've only succeeded at negotiating the price up, so I've learnt to 'shut up' on price, lol.

For the ladies who are willing to negotiate. Advertise it when giving your price. If his a negotiator, you entertaining him, all of him. Make it a fetish and make money off of it. But be sure you are equally good at it. His probably also going to be easy to please once he achieved his haggling orgasm.

A good negotiator can confidently walk away. And doesn't mind the energy spent. It actually motivates them, win or loose.

But if you bad at negotiations, then don't do it. There are enough clients who are price takers, if not most of us.

Miss Red ( Aka Louise )
Miss Red ( Aka Louise ) - Re: Economy Gone To Shit
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 6947
  View Profile  
Posted: 2024-08-03 13:04:10

The economy is truly fkd.. there is no doubt about that.

But prices within the industry are what they are mainly because of punters;) Their expectations lead to ladies pricing like they do.

They expect.. good condoms not goverment issue.
They expect... good and clean qaulity oils and towels and linen.
They expect heated room and heated beds and hot showers or baths.
They expect salon walk out hair and nails and feet and faces.
They expect places in good neighbourhoods that are secure safe and private.
They expect safe parking.
They expect girls to maintain their health and do regular testing to ensure they are safe.
They expect toys to explore and a beverage served.

I can go on and on about punter expectations that leads to how pricing is affected.

That all costs money and is getting more expensive by the day. Even before the lady had worked in the time or the usage of her body and skills during a session she has to cover those costs ;)

The guys that dont give a toot about any of the above mentioned still stops on the corner and pick a girl up for a R100 or R150 to get his load shot.

Punters expectations is what drives pricing mostly.

As for asking for discounts..

Asking is free and so is saying Yes or No.. it should not be such a big thing that causes drama.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.