hornyfucker
hornyfucker - Vietnam
Vietnam
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 191
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-13 19:25:32

I am off to vietnam in december.

Any advice on what to pay for fake rolex watch? Anyone been and have recommendarions on what to pay for fake clothes and stuff? Any issues with customs? Anyone jad a tailor suit there?
jjsoap
jjsoap - Re: Vietnam
Re: Vietnam
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1358
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-13 19:30:29

On 2018-09-13 19:25:32 hornyfucker said:
I am off to vietnam in december.

Any advice on what to pay for fake rolex watch? Anyone been and have recommendarions on what to pay for fake clothes and stuff? Any issues with customs? Anyone jad a tailor suit there?

During the Vietnam war, the WGs got called LBFM's. A name that are still stucked with them. Have met a few plying their trade in HK and Dubai.
hornyfucker
hornyfucker - Re: Vietnam
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 192
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-15 07:47:07

Bump

Any shopping advise
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Vietnam
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2018-09-15 08:35:47

Had to google LBFM:
Light brown fucking machine
2old2
2old2 - Re: Vietnam
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 165
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-15 13:25:55

Fake watches are available all over. Quality is very varied - but on the streets it is very difficult to tell. Prices range from about $5 to $30 or more but no way of telling if it is worth it.
Rather look for some of the "homage" manufacturers on reputable watch review sites and order from them.

Depending where you will be traveling - bespoke clothing is not bad. Again - difficult to recommend a specific tailor. Rather check a travel site and not a punting site.
Foxx777
Foxx777 - Re: Vietnam
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 9
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-15 17:55:22

Shopping in Vietnam and Thailand (very much the same for both).

The malls are very nice and expensive. They only sell legitimate products - no fakes, no negotiating. Expect to pay for same as in the US (slightly cheaper than in SA depending on the exchange rate at the time).

The open markets sell only fake goods regardless of what is said or seen. Accept that nothing will be the real product thus will not have the quality of a legitimate product. Products normally do not have prices on them. Ask and you will be given a rather large number (usually in dollars). Let's say $100 for a Rolex ripoff. Expect to get the same price at all of the sellers in the market. Go back to the one seller you think you can negotiate with and start with $50 for the same watch. Expect to hear a sales pitch about the quality of the watch ..... Then offer something lower. Try $20. 9/10 times you will get it.

I recently purchased a ripofffor my son (he had an Omega but is afraid to wear it because of the recent armed robberies in the area). I paid $22 and he's been wearing it for over a month. It works great, it's NOT waterproof, but the fake leather (plastic) band is falling apart.

Regarding watches. I have not had success with the automatic watches - many moving parts to break. The watches with batteries tend to last longer, without problems.
jjsoap
jjsoap - Re: Vietnam
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1376
View Profile
Posted: 2018-09-17 09:22:07

I still have a few watches that I bought in Shangai during a visit there in 2017. Apart from replacing batteries, they all still working, including the automatic ones.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.