Navigation
silentbouncer
silentbouncer - No apartments to rent for cash
No apartments to rent for cash
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 34
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-24 08:39:52

I was wondering, why do you need to have proof of income/payslips to rent an apartment.

Surely you don't need a payslip when you book into a hotel/motel. You mostly still pay deposit, so there's the 1st month's proof of payment already.

The reason for asking, so many girls gets exploited, even when sharing an apartment. You have to pay 400+ even when sharing, so basically you're paying for the rent and some profit, and the girl renting it out doesn't have to do anything.

Girls who can afford an apartment for 7000+ doesn't have payslips to get a lease.
kevman
kevman - Re: No apartments to rent for cash
Re: No apartments to rent for cash
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 44
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-24 08:46:39

Cause by law, if they are in there and do not pay, you cannot evict them.
If they have payslips you know they can afford to pay and have a steady income.

A hotel can just kick you out.
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: No apartments to rent for cash
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 6839
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-24 09:15:44

The laws always favour the losers.

Those who cannot afford accommodation.
PIE -prevention of illegal eviction act.
You cannot evict a non paying tenant.

Those who are unemployable.
BEE. Black Economic empowerment.
silentbouncer
silentbouncer - Re: No apartments to rent for cash
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 35
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-24 11:29:51

So the hotels can kick you out for not paying, but you can't get kicked out of an apartment for not paying...

Having a payslip doesn't guarantee you'll still have employment. You could be unemployed next month, and then live happily ever after, knowing they can't kick you out ;-)
Sugar Xtreme [queen Of Muff]
Sugar Xtreme [queen Of Muff] - Re: No apartments to rent for cash
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3158
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-10-24 11:38:00

The reason why girls pay daily rent is for tur uokeep of the house the breakages. A house is also a business. And the owner if the house must also money. Just like any business. Its not a case of exploiting the girls. Its a case of providing them with a safe inviroment to work from. Yes some places probably do exactly that. But most houses just take a daily rent.
Courtney
Courtney - Re: No apartments to rent for cash
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 449
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-10-24 15:40:24

Coming from working in the rental industry for 8 years, it is very simple.

Because to have a tenant evicted is incredibly difficult, time consuming and expensive. And while having a payslip isn't a gaurantee that the person will have employment moving forward, any decent agency looks at far more than that. Your bank statements get combed through and if you constantly overspend and end up living off micro loans then you're likely to not pay rent and it will be much harder to get a lease approved.
If it comes to the point where you end up at the housing tribunal to have a tenant evicted, the more proof you can have showing that the tenant was fully capable of paying when the lease was signed, the better chance you have at getting them out. Just as the tenant stands a good chance of being allowed to stay if it shows that the agency gave them the lease when it was clear that they actually couldn't afford to pay the rent. It covers the agencies ass as well as the landlords.

Now, being on the other side of things, it's very frustrating. I am desperate to find a flat to work from that I can sign a lease and just settle there long term, but because of what I do etc it's nearly impossible. So instead I am forced to rent daily and move around and I end up paying more than double in rent than what I would pay for a nice 2 bed 2 bath apartment 12 month lease.

So people who have flats they rent out to girls can rip us off because they know we have very few options.

It's one of the biggest problems that alot of us ladies face and is what makes it harder to actually earn well unless we are prepared to either compromise our standards or we pay an arm and a leg

Xxx
JackParrow69
JackParrow69 - Re: No apartments to rent for cash
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 273
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-24 15:45:10

On 2021-10-24 08:39:52 silentbouncer said:
I was wondering, why do you need to have proof of income/payslips to rent an apartment.

Surely you don't need a payslip when you book into a hotel/motel. You mostly still pay deposit, so there's the 1st month's proof of payment already.

The reason for asking, so many girls gets exploited, even when sharing an apartment. You have to pay 400+ even when sharing, so basically you're paying for the rent and some profit, and the girl renting it out doesn't have to do anything.

Girls who can afford an apartment for 7000+ doesn't have payslips to get a lease.

You obviously never rented out property or owned a hotel/motel. should pick a topic you're more knowledgeable about.

In that case, banks should just finance cars and houses to anyone who got first month's premium and deposit cash on hand.

Risk, risk, risk!!! This is why you need that. Salaried tenants with affordability are less risk are preferable. If I'm lesson cash without income, I'm asking the full 12 months upfront which I'll discount to 11 months for upfront payment. Same way if I intend to rent without providing a payslip, I'll offer to pay upfront to let the owner know he doesn't need to worry about nme defaulting plus I want to pay less because I'm paying in advance.

If you not running daily accomodation with high traffic like a b&b or hotel where there prices are inflated to cater for unused time, you need certainly that someone is staying long term or you'll be spending more time looking for tenants than tenants living in the property and paying you.

JP69
AnthonyEdwards
AnthonyEdwards - Re: No apartments to rent for cash
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1836
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-24 16:42:26

In Dubai you have to pay up to a year's advance so you don't abscond and skip the country
beachlife818b
beachlife818b - Re: No apartments to rent for cash
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 6
View Profile
Posted: 2021-10-25 09:13:29

As the courts get weaker in there ability to evict the Deposit and requirements will get more. My Ghana upmarket properties require two years paid Up front (Never negotiated).

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.