Arhwen
Arhwen - Scammer vs Drug mule
Scammer vs Drug mule
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 8849
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-04 14:02:45
Edited: 2019-10-04 14:04:35

While I perceive both the scammer and the drug mule to be doing wrong.

I would like to understand how can one judge one more harshly than the other.

One can be quick to say don't judge the one drug mule because we don't know her situation. While this is true can you then have the same kind of understanding towards the scammer. Who also has made bad choices, who's situation we don't know.

What's your opinion?
Kimmylee
Kimmylee - Re: Scammer vs Drug mule
Re: Scammer vs Drug mule
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 4496
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-04 14:11:45

"Judge not before the appointed time"

Ms Paige
Ms Paige - Re: Scammer vs Drug mule
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3231
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-04 14:21:30

I'm NOT innocent... I used to judge very easily till one day. I made a fuck up. I was judged... it took me a very long time to recover... That was my eye opener... Scammer/drug mule/punter/working girl... No one can play judge... we all live in sin.
Melina - The Edging Expert
Melina - The Edging Expert - Re: Scammer vs Drug mule
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1950
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-04 14:29:15
Edited: 2019-10-04 14:30:43

On 2019-10-04 14:21:30 Ms Paige said:
I'm NOT innocent... I used to judge very easily till one day. I made a fuck up. I was judged... it took me a very long time to recover... That was my eye opener... Scammer/drug mule/punter/working girl... No one can play judge... we all live in sin.

I like.

The reason I started this thread is because I have hit a stumbling block as far as Enlightenment goes. Yes we should not judge as we will be held accountable for our own actions. I wanted to understand how it is easy for people to be more understanding of 1 scenarios than the other if society deems them both to be wrong. Do people who have understanding towards someone muling drugs and not the scammer then double standards.

majorjohn
majorjohn - Re: Scammer vs Drug mule
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 150
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-04 14:48:27

I suspect the attitudes taken are strongly influenced by the popularity of the respective ladies. It is harder to take a hard line attitude towards someone you know and liked. The answer is always, "but I know them and they must have had a reason". Personally I feel trafficking drugs, especially heroin is the far more serious offence even if it is less close to home. And there was an attempt to extort me so I can relate to that.

Bastet
Bastet - Re: Scammer vs Drug mule
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 171
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-04 14:57:34

I agree, Majorjohn.
Louise
Louise - Re: Scammer vs Drug mule
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 194
  View Profile  
Posted: 2019-10-04 16:35:13
Edited: 2019-10-04 16:39:23

I wear my SA badge... have been high jacked, mugged, shot at, robbed.. My feelings of this is mixed as everyone deserves a second chance in life but here I stand and will wait for you to prove that it was a mistake you regret. As I have been a victim of people with no respect for others ,their property or their lives. Anything that remotely indicate that you are of the moral fiber that can push you in that direction scares me. Today it is a SMS to scam some one out of money , tomorrow will you be pulling a knife or gun on someone to take what is not yours? Being a mule for drugs.. Will you be the one tomorrow to hold down a young girl and pump her full of heroin ? For the money that you need to maintain your life style? How fuckd is that moral compass? Will you be able to turn your back and mend your ways if given a chance or will you slide down that slope and become what we all fear... A criminal with no respect for life? It is now up to you to show us we are wrong by thinking you are of bad fibre...

EvilAngel
EvilAngel - Re: Scammer vs Drug mule
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1096
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-04 17:00:58

None of us is didnt do one or other time something we not supposed to do. So how can we throw stones.
But my view is that if you break the rules and are catch then you must take the punch/sentance that come to you. We are all adults and we know what is wrong and right.
majorjohn
majorjohn - Re: Scammer vs Drug mule
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 152
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-04 17:49:23

I believe that we can and we should pass judgement where appropriate. We cannot condone unacceptable behaviour. If you do the crime then you must do the time. However, I also feel that there is a need to forgive and move on once the person has paid their dues. It should not be a life long label.
330guy
330guy - Re: Scammer vs Drug mule
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 530
View Profile
Posted: 2019-10-04 19:51:41

For me its simple you do the crime you do the time. Especially when your actions have a negative impact on other people. Then u are just selfish and inconsiderate.

As for dont judge others - i would not judge a woman who has turned to prostitution to earn an honest living. Dont tell me about thieves, extortionists, drug mules.

Yes everyone deserves a second chance but only AFTER your acknowledge your wrong doings, repent and do the time if u have to

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.