Navigation
curioso
curioso - The "Good 'ol days"
The "Good 'ol days"
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 12
View Profile
Posted: 2011-11-04 09:43:11

I must admit that I haven't visited a "knock-shop" in a while, especially as I did notice a serious decline in ambiance and atmosphere during my last few visits. It all seems to be about turning over numbers these days. I'm most likely showing my age a bit here, but can other punters remember the good 'ol days of Little Holland, I think in Nanyuki Drive, Sunninghill or a bit later of the original Papilon in William Nichol? Are there any establishments like this left, where you can have a quiet drink, relax with mates and take a gorgeous lady for a spin, in a clean room, at your convenience?
ColdHarpoon
ColdHarpoon - Re: The "Good 'ol days"
Re: The "Good 'ol days"
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 10
View Profile
Posted: 2011-11-05 07:30:45

My fave was Intrigue in Yeoville, opp the original Black Steer, Simone was my girl of choice. They later moved to the Rosebank area. You could almost spend the whole day there if you wanted, not it did not cost a fortune

I agree with you about the quality of the venues, that type of laid back atmosphere does not seem to exist anymore.
doctorwest
doctorwest - Re: The "Good 'ol days"
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2
View Profile
Posted: 2011-11-06 22:34:01

@ coldharpoon intrigue still around now in Melrose arch . Tel 011 788 3385 .my friend used to see Simone she was a big icon in s.a I know, now u got Valentina strike of excellence, to me even better. Pay a visit. Intrigue still have same owner, same chill out at the bar.. check it out.
ColdHarpoon
ColdHarpoon - Re: The "Good 'ol days"
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 11
View Profile
Posted: 2011-11-07 18:26:43

Thanks @doctorwest, I only punt once or twice a year these days but like to keep a finger on the pulse, if you know what I mean. I will try to get around there before the end of the year and I will write a review.
Boobs
Boobs - Re: The "Good 'ol days"
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 373
View Profile
Posted: 2011-11-08 21:14:46

Can anyone remember "The Office" JHB east? What a fine place that was !
mikeo
mikeo - Re: The "Good 'ol days"
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 22
View Profile
Posted: 2011-11-09 11:52:47

"Waynes World" in bryanston - wish these types of venues were still around
muffman69
muffman69 - Re: The "Good 'ol days"
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 94
View Profile
Posted: 2011-11-09 17:35:03

Summit Club circa 1996. Went there once with some mates back then, ended up shagging three whores that night. Oh, the stage performances were something else as well. Went there last May for old times sake, major disappointment never again...
saintjj
saintjj - Re: The "Good 'ol days"
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 408
View Profile
Posted: 2011-11-10 09:05:26

early to mid 90's I lived in Hillbrow...

Summit had some good shows, as well as Dorchester Hotel at the end of Twist street..and don't forget Quirinale Hotel on Kotze Str....

But that was all when the 'Brow was an awesome place to be!
randy101
randy101 - Re: The "Good 'ol days"
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 15
View Profile
Posted: 2011-11-10 13:21:21

amen brother,the brow was the place to be those days
rickylick
rickylick - Re: The "Good 'ol days"
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 19
View Profile
Posted: 2011-11-11 09:46:29

remember corlett drive - upastairs- there was a smoking hot blonde called sandy- she sometimes only managed the place but occasionally also saw clients - what a babe.

who can forget Romance in town - those days driving through central jhb at night was a treat on its own .
really miss those good ole days .....

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.