Navigation
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Cecil John Rhodes
Cecil John Rhodes
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2899
View Profile
Posted: 2015-04-05 20:02:29

What a great man! I admire him immensely.
A man who came all the way from Great Britain to show us the treasure hidden right under our feet!

They are ungrateful wretches who call for his statue to be removed.

inthesouth
inthesouth - Re: Cecil John Rhodes
Re: Cecil John Rhodes
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 9
View Profile
Posted: 2015-04-09 11:38:21

Cannot agree more. They are busy erasing their own "struggle"
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Cecil John Rhodes
Less than 5 posts
Posted: 2015-04-10 09:07:21

Hi, Not too active on the forum but have to throw my 2 cents worth in here.

It is so typical south african to chase after a hollow victory. Break or remove the statue have a great party to celebrate the victory and yet tomorrow morning the statue is gone but the real problems people are facing is still with us.

I truly hope the Rhodes foundation sends every South African Rhodes Scholar packing and on the first plane home immediately, and retract all degrees of previous South African Rhodes scholars.

Peace, Love and Good Happiness Stuff.
corgito
corgito - Re: Cecil John Rhodes
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 7
View Profile
Posted: 2015-04-12 13:58:42

some topics only have one ending...instead of using wording like "they" did this or that, I will choose to ignore your obvious lack of history and only choose inform you that Mandela sold us out and it is this kind of blatant racism that will push us to the brink. CJ Rhodes was nothing but a white supremacist...anyway.
Today, I choose Love , Sex and Happiness...
bigdurbanguy
bigdurbanguy - Re: Cecil John Rhodes
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 8
View Profile
Posted: 2015-04-29 13:04:20

2 questions I ask myself.....Who benefits from removing the statue?,and Who lost by removing the statue? . Answer is nobody!. I personally don't see the significance of this statue in todays virtual world. But we should also be mindful of what a great role Rhodes played in shaping the world we live in (Africa). To all those angry students at Rhodes remember the saying "don't hate the player , hate the game ! "
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Cecil John Rhodes
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2015-04-30 09:29:54

@bigdurbanguy just to comment on your statement:

2 questions I ask myself.....Who benefits from removing the statue?,and Who lost by removing the statue? . Answer is nobody!.

This is flawed. There will now be no more bursaries from the Rhodes foundation for future students. These bursaries ensured that South Africa could have more professionals in a country that needs them. Think about how much change one engineer/professional can do in the countries economy.. now multiply that with the amount of bursaries times the amount of years that the Rhodes foundation would still have given them out.. Huge difference.

Also this added to a downward spiral in race and culture relations in our country, it was a catalyst to a deeper issue that is now becoming a discriminatory movement against anyone and anything representing anything other than the black culture. Our history is what we use to learn from and to point us in the right direction. Try to take that away and we end up like Zimbabwe where we try to erase history for selfish personal gain.
bigdurbanguy
bigdurbanguy - Re: Cecil John Rhodes
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 9
View Profile
Posted: 2015-04-30 12:32:40

@ ShyGent your post is very true...... but I suspect that those 'rent a mob' students are unwittingly working for a bigger agenda..... Because nobody wins , only people intent on pushing our country backwards. Who benefits from this?
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Cecil John Rhodes
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2941
View Profile
Posted: 2015-05-01 18:02:36

Then we should remove all cars, airplanes, cellphones, televisions iPads etc etc because these are all creations of the British/European/American imperialists.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.