Navigation
Virgo
Virgo - Yes or No to private numbers
Yes or No to private numbers
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 102
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-02-02 11:03:47

Ladies I am just curious, When you receive a call from a private number for inquires and they make a booking to the actually show up, or do you take another booking as well, or wait for private number to show up.
Miss Red (aka Louise)
Miss Red (aka Louise) - Re: Yes or No to private numbers
Re: Yes or No to private numbers
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5492
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-02-02 11:20:45
Edited: 2022-02-02 11:22:31

There was I time I never answer Pvt numbers.

But because scammers/fakecops etc, guys are being extra careful and do not want their info out there.

Now I answer Pvt numbers and I decide from the way the call goes, whether I want to accomdate the caller without his number showing. Trust your gut.

And if you decide to accept the request for a booking , don't double book. That is just wrong, you will intentionally be standing up someone as a result.

Caroline
Caroline - Re: Yes or No to private numbers
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 120
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-02-02 11:23:45

Good morning

Definite NO. My privacy is extremely important to me. I have over 10k numbers on my phone. I use True Caller to identify callers. I run my own company and I don't want to run into a business client while playing;)
Kourtney B
Kourtney B - Re: Yes or No to private numbers
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 44
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-02-02 11:37:05

I refuse to answer private numbers. I respect the callers privacy. If I do by chance decide to answer I tell them to call me back with their number showing.
EvilAngel
EvilAngel - Re: Yes or No to private numbers
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2006
View Profile
Posted: 2022-02-02 12:30:23

Just a thought.
If he use a pvt nr and arange the booking, how would you get hd of him if you running late or something happened. Or all pvt calls arange for a booking just before they will leave for the booking?
Midnight Express
Midnight Express - Re: Yes or No to private numbers
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 603
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-02-02 12:37:20
Edited: 2022-02-02 12:39:13

I answer private numbers and take bookings from them. What I've noticed though is the longer you've been in the business the easier it gets to tell whether it's a fake booking call or not. I very rarely have people that don't pitch but I honestly think it's worth your time picking up every call.

Most of the people who don't pitch with me have their numbers showing - and that's because they want you to waste your time and call them knowing they won't pitch -

so I don't even bother calling back - if you know you said you'll be here in 20 minutes and 20 minutes has passed it's your duty as the punter to call me and let me know of your delay otherwise I make other appointments .
Miss Red (aka Louise)
Miss Red (aka Louise) - Re: Yes or No to private numbers
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5496
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-02-02 12:46:32

For the one or two that I have accomodated with a Pvt number, there was quiet a few calls back and forth.

First the call that set the appointment, then the day of appointment a confirmation call, to say that all is still on track for the appointment time. Then a "I am on my way" call and then the "I am at the gate" call.

Should something have gone wrong on my side there would have been no way to notify them and they would only have know once they called me. But that is something that they know when they decide to make appointments like that.

Appointments set without numbers showing is very rare, enquiries about rates and services is more commen.

The day the Pvt enquirers are ready to make an appointment they usually do call with the number showing. ;)

Saffron Skye
Saffron Skye - Re: Yes or No to private numbers
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 731
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-02-02 13:27:55

I have set up my TrueCa;;er to automatically block incoming calls from Private Numbers- it's not worth the risk
Ms Le Roux
Ms Le Roux - Re: Yes or No to private numbers
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5027
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-02-02 13:38:11

My truecaller also blocks pvt numbers. As mentioned I won't be able to get hold of you if you're running late.

So I prefer sending a pin location on whatsapp as soon as the appointment is confirmed via a phone call (number showing) or a whatsapp

I've burnt my fingers too many times in the past by answering pvt numbers and getting hopeful that it is a genuine appointment

Kisses
Ms Le Roux

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.