Navigation
Miss Red (aka Louise)
Miss Red (aka Louise) - Am I expecting too much...
Am I expecting too much...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5403
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-01-21 12:15:25

Topics have been raised a million times before about phone etiquette.

SPs compaining about punters , punters complaining about SPs.

Today I want to ask can you please reply after we sent you the details you asked for via text, pm, whatsup or email.

7 out of 10 times we never get a reply back.

How are we suppose to learn anything, to know to adjust or improve anything if we dont get feedback.

A simple thank you would be great start, but accompanied by ..

*you a bit out of my budget
*your service offered don't match my expectations
*you a bit out of my area
*your work hours won't make it possible for me to visit
*Your venue ain't the kind I like to frequent
*Your venue ain't discreet enough
*Your venue is in a area I don't feel comfortable with
*will contact you when I am in your area
*will make an appointment soon

...any of the above replies will go a long way towards helping all SPs improve and grow, and would be a great improvement on the "radio silence" after we have sent you all the info you asked.

I buy many things online especially of f...b.. market and other places. And I never to fail to send a simple "thanks for the info" text after I got sent the info I asked for. I believe that to be simply good manners.

Another lady ones said she never responds to requests on forum anymore, because she never gets a reply back.

Is it so hard to just say, thanks for showing interest but you not quiet what I was looking for or thanks but you to far away or your fee a bit out my budget.?

Am I expecting too much?

YourChunkyFunkiness
YourChunkyFunkiness - Re: Am I expecting too much...
Re: Am I expecting too much...
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1224
View Profile
Posted: 2022-01-21 12:20:42

I've considered doing something along these lines, but I always felt that is would come across as a prick.

Several times I would want to tell an SP that her price is out of my budget.

Ive mentioned that I can only visit certain times then the only reply - if any - I get is that those are her times and that's final.

But to answer your question, sometimes we feel that its not our place.
Bbw Nadia
Bbw Nadia - Re: Am I expecting too much...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 6601
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-01-21 12:25:44
Edited: 2022-01-21 12:37:14

I don't even care for any explanations. A simple.THANK YOU will do. I have found that forum guys asking us to pm if you offer xyz. Most of the PM's do not even get a thank you. I am not an idiot, I know I don't appeal to everybody, I am a big girl I can handle that. A simple thank you is good enough.
Miss Red (aka Louise)
Miss Red (aka Louise) - Re: Am I expecting too much...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5404
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-01-21 12:35:27

On 2022-01-21 12:20:42 YourChunkyFunkiness said:
I've considered doing something along these lines, but I always felt that is would come across as a prick.

Several times I would want to tell an SP that her price is out of my budget.

Ive mentioned that I can only visit certain times then the only reply - if any - I get is that those are her times and that's final.

But to answer your question, sometimes we feel that its not our place.

Thanks for a honest answer.

I would not think your a prick if you give honest feedback. But then again another lady might.

So looks like most guys won't as they do not want to risk being labled a prick.( Got two other whatsup text that was almost your exact words in your reply)
Miss Red (aka Louise)
Miss Red (aka Louise) - Re: Am I expecting too much...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5405
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-01-21 12:49:10

On 2022-01-21 12:25:44 Bbw Nadia said:
O don't even care for any explanations. A simple.THANK YOU will do. I have found that forum guys asking us to pm if you offer xyz. Most of the PM's do not even get a thank you. I am not an idiot, I know I don't appeal to everybody, I am a big girl I can handle that. A simple thank you is good enough.

Thank you.. seems to be a phrase that takes way to much effort to use in this industry. Not just some punters but some SPs have the same attitude.

Other day had a lady contact me asking about place to work from in CPT. After sending a nice reply with links to a few places to check out. Message got read but till today no reply or a thank you for responding to her request.

Jakeburns78
Jakeburns78 - Re: Am I expecting too much...
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2010
View Profile
Posted: 2022-01-21 14:25:16

On 2022-01-21 12:49:10 Miss Red (aka Louise) said:
On 2022-01-21 12:25:44 Bbw Nadia said: O don't even care for any explanations. A simple.THANK YOU will do. I have found that forum guys asking us to pm if you offer xyz. Most of the PM's do not even get a thank you. I am not an idiot, I know I don't appeal to everybody, I am a big girl I can handle that. A simple thank you is good enough.

Thank you.. seems to be a phrase that takes way to much effort to use in this industry. Not just some punters but some SPs have the same attitude.

Other day had a lady contact me asking about place to work from in CPT. After sending a nice reply with links to a few places to check out. Message got read but till today no reply or a thank you for responding to her request.

I don't get that it, takes a few seconds to say thanks,(hell they could even send an emoji) I just honestly believe that common courtesy has left the building, 35+ years in hospitality and have seen a huge decline in basic manners, a very sad state of affairs

Jake
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Am I expecting too much...
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2022-01-21 15:03:29

Some guys feel bad to say why they have decided not to book
Others could just be time wasters
TheDicktator
TheDicktator - Re: Am I expecting too much...
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 117
View Profile
Posted: 2022-01-21 15:08:58
Edited: 2022-01-21 15:10:53

I am guilty of this.

I don't like to comment too much on rates, venues, operating hours, etc makes me feel like I'm being a difficult client and most times I'm enquiring for a future visit. One thing I picked up that I'll definitely do from now onwards is thank the person for sending the requested info
Bbw Nadia
Bbw Nadia - Re: Am I expecting too much...
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 6602
  View Profile  
Posted: 2022-01-21 15:17:40

On 2022-01-21 15:03:29 YesIamIronMan said:
Some guys feel bad to say why they have decided not to book
Others could just be time wasters

You don't need to say why you didn't book. We know most enquiries are part of you gathering info and it helps you to make a decision. Just say thank you for the info. You don't need to explain further if you don't want to
ethanh
ethanh - Re: Am I expecting too much...
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 697
View Profile
Posted: 2022-01-21 15:25:42

I may have not told the lady why I wont book, but I always say thank you.

9 out of 10 times if I don't reply after the "thank you" it's because of price.

If the price works for me I will ask more details

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.